I tried to debug why a fresh holoiso installation is resulting in a black screen on the first reboot.
After spending hours in debugging, a quick answer from the official telegram-chat solved this.
Was the response from the core developer. The Lenovo T450s has a onboard Intel HD Graphics 5500 inside.
I ran into this issue with the following setup.
- Latest holoiso downloaded
- USB-Stick, prepared with ventoy
- Copied the iso to my ventoy data partition
I've booted into the ventoy boot menu, had selected the holoiso and got this error message.
ERROR: '/dev/disk/by-label/HOLO_202207' device did not show up after 30 seconds
I didn't found anything in the official error list so I've removed the holo part and found this and ŧhis thread.
Long story short, I've entered the following commands.
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt_ventoy_data
mount /mnt_ventoy_data/HoloIso_[...].iso /mnt_iso
ln -sf /mnt_iso /dev/archiso
That's it. So what have I done in detail? With the knowledge that I was dropped into a ramfs and that the arch bootup script is expecting a
/dev/archiso, all I need to do is to mount the right iso file.
To get this iso file, I first needed to mount the ventoy data partition. Once mounted, all I need to do is to mount the iso and softlink this mount to
I ran into this error
error: archzfs: signature from "ArchZFS Bot <firstname.lastname@example.org>" is unknown trust on multiple machines over the last days.
Since one machine was working which is also running one of my dns servers, I was searching into this direction.
After a while, I switched all my machines using this one dns server without fixing the real issue.
Furthermore, by just trying to refresh keys with
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys, I ran into another error:
gpg: WARNING: Tor is not running.
I could solve this with a one liner:
echo "no-use-tor" >> ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf
Next step was finally to delete the broken key and re-import ist again.
sudo pacman-key -d DDF7DB817396A49B2A2723F7403BD972F75D9D76
sudo pacman-key -r DDF7DB817396A49B2A2723F7403BD972F75D9D76
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key DDF7DB817396A49B2A2723F7403BD972F75D9D76
After running through all this steps, I was able to run a system update again with pacman.
Thanks to this issue report on github, this entry on redit and this entry on gnupg.org.
If you get the error message below, there are easy steps you have to do to fix this.
:: installing pacman (5.2.1-1) breaks dependency 'pacman<=5.1.3' required by yay
- yay -S yay-bin
- sudo pacman -Syy
- sudo pacman -S pacman
- yay -Syyu
So all in all, you will replace yay with yay-bin since yay-bin is newer and supports latest pacman.
Afterwards, you are updating your database followed by updating pacman to the latest version.
Finally, you will do your regular system update maintenance.