I had updated my arch linux as usual and got an update for openJDK.
java version "1.7.0_60"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.0) (Arch Linux build 7.u60_2.5.0-2-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)
After that, I started my phpstorm (I am working with the window manager i3wm and the screen looks strange. Everything was there, except for the fonts - I could not read anything (and I am not that cool to code without seeing the code :D-).
After log of tryouts, I found a simple and suitable solution.
sudo echo "-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp" > /usr/share/phpstorm/bin/phpstorm64.vmoptions
This has resolved the issue on my machine. There are some hints available, but I needed only one line, hope it suits your needs too.