By R. David Cummins
The hacker school tries to inspire teenagers (13 up to 19) for coding and to discover an unknown talent and support by their evolvement.
- is a non-commercial initiative for free wireless networks
- only free and open source software is used
- easy to join
- no german "Störerhaftung"
- be a part of build up a mesh network
- became independent from "the commercial internet" and join a city wide service network
- see the map to find a spot at your side
- vpn separates the freifunk network from your network
- join in hamburg
- check out the howto section
By timo pegel
- great tool to lern about security in php applications
Social Human Architecture for Beginners
By Sebastian Schürmann (@sschuermann) (scrum master)
Works at mytaxi.de
- introversion vs extroversion (thinking is internal or externalized)
- nobody is one at all (just introvert for thinking or feeling)
- talk to you team about it (try to express everybody on a scale to get better understanding)
- take a look to "Maslows hierarchy of needs"
- self actualization
- try to create your own needs of hierarchy
- use "non-violent communication" (Marshall Rosenberg)
- observation (just the facts)
- feelings (just feeling good or bad won't cut it, try to express yourself)
- needs (we all have them, feeling bad? need is not fulfilled)
- honest request
- psychology of programming by Gerald Weinberg
- egoless programming
- stages of group development
- storming [...]
- engagement can be reached by
- let people get into the flow state
- try a fed-ex day (people can do what they want)
The Flip Side of Dependency Injection
- do not add to much dependecies (thing is doing to much)
- do not hide dependencies by using a container (it's like throwing in "the config")
- all dependencies must be in code
- separate object creation from usage
- there must be the ability to choose the actual implementation on runtime
How to Get There
- use a factory with explicite API (instead of "get('Foo')", do "getFoo()")
- avoid injecting factories, try to use locators (locators are returning "FooInterface" and using factories for instance creation)
link to meetup event.
AwareInterface By Stev Leibelt
- reminder of dependency injection
- increases the readability of a class structure
- defined way of inject object/typ
- interface injection could lead to a project based rule to distinguish between mandatory and optional dependencies
- slides available hear.
Logstash and Graylog2 by Alexander Bernhardt
Simple log all.
questions to the log
- what happens on the other server?
- what happens when and on what circumstance?
- what are you logging?
how to solve this?
By using Logstash, Redis and ElasicSearch, aggregate all and push all to a graylog2.
- graylog can do some kind of monitoring, known as streams.
- you can add a alert method to each stream.
- nagios can listen to a graylog stream.
- could not replace statsd or graphite
Talk And Call For PHPUGHH Website By Stephan Vock And Ole Michaelis
- two Pages for one user group, which one to choose?
- the usergroup decides to use the new page.
- you need to have installed jekyll, rake or use the vagrant box
- directory structure
- each speaker should pull his own talk below "talks"
How To Contribute
- fork repository
- git checkout -b feature/foo
- do the changes
- git commit
- pull request to the main repository
- github.io builds new page on its own
- git remote add upstream firstname.lastname@example.org:phpughh/phpughh.github.com
- git fetch upstream
- git merge upstream/master
- git push
- issues are available
- enhancement issues is the roadmap
- open issues if needed
- links available as ticket
- take a look to the bephpug (github)