The Linux team is happy to announce a new release of OpenZFS on Linux. The 0.6 4 release adds support for 6 new feature flags, multiple new properties, asynchronous IO, support for Linux kernels up to 4.0 and more.
* Compatible with kernels up to Linux 4.0.
* New feature flags (additional details below):
* New asynchronous I/O (AIO) support.
* New fallocate() FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE support.
* New fragmentation metric in 'zpool list'.
* New LZ4 compression of meta data.
* New "redundant_metadata" property controls desired redundancy level.
* New "overlay" property controls behavior for non-empty mount points.
* New 'zpool list -v' shows individual disk capacity.
* New 'zpool get -H' (scripted mode) support.
* New 'zpool create -t' creates a pool with a temporary name.
* New arc_summary.py script from FreeNAS.
* New bash completion support.
* New DTRACE_PROBES integrated with Linux tracepoints.
* New compressed block histograms with zdb.
* New verbatim pool imports with zdb.
What a release, thank you very much for the work and the damn long list of new features, improvements and bug fixes!
The author does not allow comments to this entry